Tuesday 9 July 2013

Day 1

After setting off to bed about 10.30, I found myself awake at 2.45 unable to get back to sleep, so I caught up on twitter and then read til about 5 when I settled back down to try and get some more sleep, which luckily I did. Unfortunately the nxt thing I knew was ern asking me if I knew what the time was and when I looked we discovered it was 12.10pm!
We had a quick shower and tea and toast and headed out to Changi Museum. This tells the history of Singapore during the Second World War and was very interesting. We hired headphones an a machine that guided you round. It was a very enjoyable two hours, finished off with fruit and ice cream pancakes and a strawberry soda for me and cup of tea for ern.
Then for tea we headed out to a local Thai cafe with erns sister and brother in law where we shared a lovely meal, including pad Thai, chicken and cashew nuts, prawn cakes, sweet and sour fish and rice. It really was very enjoyable.
Now it's nearly bed time and tonight we will be setting an alarm to make sure we wake up!!

1 comment: